New year and a new plan

Well, as many of you will know, I have lots of grand plans for my Marines as well as my other armies.
The issue with these grand plans is the fact that they are so grand that they go beyond my financial and time limits preventing much progress at any sort of pace.

Well since its a new year, and a time for change and all that, I have decided to stop with the overly massive plans (they will most likely still get thought up, but not with any seriousness) and get one unit/list finished before moving on to another.



For example, I have not finished the Terminators I set out to complete on the 13th of Dec as I realised I do not have enough of the Forge world should pads  left and I need 4 more sets so will be ordering another batch of them shortly. I can then continue with that lot.
What I have done with the time I would have other wise spent on Terminators is build 2200pts of  Ogres for Warhammer Fantasy (force still growing) and paint the Ironblaster for that army. Will be more on that, likely with a Fantasy themed blog, soon.

 So the plans I have given my self for the whole of the year are as follows:
  • Get at least 2000pts of Necrons up and running. When in the year this occurs will weigh heavily on when the next batch of miniatures gets released by GW as most of my intended army consists of multiples of the various Scythe varieties as well as Jetbikes and Wraiths. Any updates will get put up on my Necron blog as and when, so keep a scout on watch.
  • Get the first 2400pts of Ogres built and painted. Already have 2200pts built, need a box of Bulls and a box of Leadbealchers  to finish it off. There may be need for a new extra models depending on what play testing shows but time will tell. This is going to be one of the projects with more urgency for the year. 
  • Get what I have left to paint for my Marines fully painted up, this consists of 5 scouts, 6 terminators, 3 HQ choices and 8 devastator marines. Once this is done I can look at the direction I want to take the army in. At the moment I am thinking about a drop pod mounted 2nd company with Dreadnought and 1st Company support as this is something I have always dreamed of. But that decision is one to be made at a later, unknown, date.
  • Start a BFG Necron army. Nothing too major, just something to put down and have a good space battle with. No urgency here, just something I want to do over the course of the year.
So there you have it, the plan for the year. More things may get done, but that is only if  everything else is finished off.
College starts again next week for my final semester of CCNA, which since I have had a 3 month gap (not enough interest in the course) will need most if not all of my attention for a few weeks whilst I get back in to it. But once that is sorted out I am off.

Should be a productive year with new rule sets to learn and  fun to be had.

Let me know what you think and what your grand plans for the year, if anything, are!

Take care and happy new year folks.